Guitar Lessons Johannesburg
So you want to be the next Rock Superstar? Want to have a good time strumming songs around the camp fire?
Or Rock out in front of a cardboard cut out screaming crowd in your room, WE CAN HELP YOU GET THERE!!!!
Our tutors are highly skilled, friendly masters of their art who will help you achieve your musical goals
by working with your musical interests.
We don’t approach lessons the old conservative way, we get down to playing immediately and teach through
the use of songs. Whatever style you are interested in pursuing, whether Electric or Acoustic, we can Help!
Some Styles include:
Did you know…?
- Epiphone, originally a Greek violin company, had been making banjos since 1923 when it switched to guitars (in the 1930’s). Epiphone was the only banjo company to successfully switch to guitar production.
- Leo Fender was a saxophonist, not a guitarist!
- The Fender factory makes around 90,000 strings per day. This is over 20,000 miles a year, enough to circle the world.
- The Fender Telecaster was originally called the Broadcaster but there was already a drum kit of the same name.
- Van Halen’s “5150” is named after Eddie’s Peavey 5150 amplifuer, that was custom-built for him.
- Jimi Hendrix composed “Little Wing” in only 145 seconds! that’s only two minutes and a half! pretty much the same as the song’s lenght!
- The song “Layla” was written by Eric Clapton for George Harrison’s wife, Pattie Boid (the nickname Layla was inspired by a Turkish legend).
- Most toilets flush in E flat.
- You can tune your guitar to the sound of a dial tone, because it’s an A.
- Legend has it Franz Schubert composed his music on a guitar hung from a hook over his bed, as he couldn’t afford a piano. Berlioz also did his composing on a guitar!
- In 2001 an Englishman named Chris Black married his Stratocaster guitar.
- The smallest guitar in the world is 10 micrometres long with strings 50 nanometres (100 atoms) wide.
Meet Guitar Tutor – Nico:
Fifteen years later and still as passionate as ever about music, Nico has proven his worth as a well seasoned guitarist. Having played in countless cover and original bands, doing studio session work, teaching at a well established music school, Nico is now perpetuating his passion onto his eager students to great success.